1832 - The First United Methodist Church was established at the home of Mary Martin Reed. It was a two story log structure at the current site of the Randolph County Jail on the corner of East South and South Main Streets in Winchester, Indiana.
1853 - George W. Monks donated land for a church to built on South Meridian Street, Winchester, Indiana. A church was built on the site.
Three churches have stood on the land donated by Mr. Monks.
1889 - A dedication for a second church building that was built on the land donated by Mr. Monks.
"The Stone Methodist Church" was the nickname for the second structure. General A. Stone donated funds in honor of his mother who was of the Methodist faith.
1899 - The second building burnt to the ground. The fire was started by a spark from a train that passed nearby.
December 1900 - A third building was dedicated.
1901 - A Moller organ was installed in the third building.
1962 - An educational wing was added.